NameMary Bishop683
Death14 Sep 1675, Guilford, Connecticut682
Death MemoSavage says 1676
FatherJohn Bishop (-1661)
MotherAnne ???
Residence1636, Wethersfield, Wethersfield, Connecticut682
Residence1643, Milford, Connecticut682
Residence1650, Guilford, Connecticut682
DeathJan 1683682
ChildrenMary (1625->1683)
 Sarah (1635->1683)
 Hannah (1637->1683)
 Elizabeth (1638->1683)
 Abigail (1640-)
 John (-~1705)
 Daniel (->1683)
 William (->1683)
Notes for Mary Bishop
There apparently is some question about whether Mary's surname is Bishop. I would assume that checking John Bishop's will or probate would resolve this issue.
Notes for George (Spouse 1)
George Hubbard came from England, but the locality is unknown, with a wide range of possible locations proposed.

He first came to Watertown, Massachusetts, about 1633, but he moved on to Wethersfield, Connecticut, shortly thereafter. He was in the party sixty people who moved 15 October 1635 from Watertown to Wethersfield. Members of the party included George Hubbard and his family, his father-in-law John Bishop and the latter's family, another George Hubbard, a Thomas Hubbard, and a William Hubbard, whose relationships to George are unknown.

George Hubbard, Samuel Wakeman, and Thomas Stoughton were chosen in 1636 by the Connecticut General Court "to consider the bounds and survey the breadth of Dorchester (Windsor) towards the Falls, and of Watertown (Wethersfield) towards the mouth of the River."

George had to have been made a freeman prior to 1639, when he was chosen to represent Wethersfield at the first colonial General Court.

He made a deposition on 16 June 1665 to confirm the original purchase of Wethersfield from the Indians. Day reproduces his signature with a transcription of this deposition. During 1639 he surveyed the eastern part of the purchase, which later became North and South Glastonbury.

He received lot 14 of 195 acres in North Glastonbury, with Thomas Ufford on the north and George Wylly on the south. George Hubbard's descendants later purchased the Wylly lot and parts of that property remained in the family until after 1850.

Thomas Rayner and George Hubbard were fined 1 s. a piece for being late to the 7 a.m. session of the General Court on 5 April 1638/9.

George, his neighbor Thomas Ufford, William Fowler, Rev. Peter Bruden, and others moved to Long Island Sound after about three years in Wethersfield and settled in Milford. George received the grant of Milford Island. He was one of the original 44 settlers as of 20 November 1639. He was admitted to the church there on 15 January 1644.684
Last Modified 20 Oct 2011Created 4 Jul 2012 using Reunion for Macintosh